Easy 1 minute per day goldmaking method!

Today we will take a look at one of the easiest ways to make some gold in World of Warcraft. This works really well in classic, and it can be done by literally anyone with less than 30 minutes of preparation

Disenchanting searches

Disenchanting search is a very useful feature in TradeskillMaster. It will search the auction house and compare the price of disenchantable items to the expected value of the materials you get from disenchanting them. Most people don’t disenchant their uncommons, and many of them are priced below the value of the materials. 

Essences are king

The highest value materials this phase are the mystic essences and nether essences. Usually they represent 70-80% of the expected value from a disenchant, even for armor. Since armor only has a 20-25% chance to generate essence, you will need to buy a lot of armor to be fairly certain you make your money back. For weapons however, the rate of essences is usually 75% of the time, so here you have a very good chance of making your money back on the first disenchant. 

Get an alt

If you don’t have enchanting there’s no need to fret. There’s no skill requirement for disenchanting in classic wow, so you just need to level a character to level 5 and you are good to go. Then you can mail all the items you find back to your alt to disenchant. 

What are you looking for?

The search results in the disenchant search will show a percentage that is calculated as the price of the item divided by the expected value. For armor I would be looking for at least 70% in this column, and preferably lower as you will lose gold every time the disenchant rolls dust. For weapons I think 80% or even 85% is a fine threshold, as the variation is a lot smaller. 

Go make some gold!

If you want to level up your gold making come join me on Patreon and get access to awesome rewards like Early Access to all my posts. 

Have a question or a thought? Leave it here:

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.